We hope that you are ready for Halloween and also ready for some good scrap news…because we have both coming! Below you can see a recent chart of the reported scrap prices we’ve received for copper wire prices across the country. Since August 2016, it seems like the copper wire prices have increased a bit and more recently the prices have seen a good jump. This week, we saw a slight increase in copper prices overall too.
Copper Wire Scrap Prices Since August 2016
Non-Ferrous Markets Outlook
Copper had seen a decline the last time we spoke…but that decline rebounded the last day or so with copper prices jumping 4-5 cents per pound. We started watching the reported prices that were coming in and they are immediately jumping up which is a very nice sight to see. We also saw the stainless prices increasing a few cents over the last week which is also very encouraging.
Here are some of the reported non-ferrous prices from the last week:
- Rochester, NY: Sealed Units, $0.11 per lb (10/26/16)
- Council Bluffs, IA: #1 Tubing, $1.00 per lb (10/26/16)
- Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia: Stainless Steel, $0.30 per lb (10/25/16)
- Saint John, New Brunswick: Aluminum Siding, $0.40 per lb (10/25/16)
- Winchester, VA: Brass Scrap, $1.00 per lb (10/25/16)
- Myrtle, MS: bare bright wire, $1.70 per lb (10/25/16)
- Panama City, FL: Bare Bright Wire, $1.60 per lb (10/24/16)
- Canton, OH: Aluminum Cans, $0.38 per lb (10/23/16)
Ferrous Markets Outlook
The copper markets were positive…and the steel market is encouraging. While we did not see a large jump, we did see a $5-10 per ton jump over the last week. We have talked to multiple people about the market, the prices, and where they think that things are going and many keep saying the same thing…that we are 6-8 months out from really knowing.
With this election on-going a lot of the entire world really waits to see what happens in the US and how our impact will start to go after so many people.
Here are some of the reported ferrous prices over the last week:
- Kingston, ON: Complete Cars, $80 per ton (10/24/16)
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $117 per ton (10/21/16)
- Los Angeles, CA: Automobiles, $30 per ton (10/23/16)
- Athens, TN: Shreddable Steel, $0.06 per lb (10/22/16)
With all of the prices seeming to have nice upticks we have to watch them and make sure that we are constantly getting great reported prices in to update your knowledge on the scrap markets.
Scrap ya later!
If you are interested in learning more about some of the metals here are a few blogs that we recommend reading:
National Average Scrap Prices (as of 10/26/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.60-$1.75
- Copper Pipe: $1.42-$1.67
- Clean Brass: $0.75-$1.05
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.02
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.33
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $45-80 per ton